17 Reg Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 SRI VX-LINE NAV TD

• Hello Members,

Iam new to the forum and I need some advice with regards to my 17 Reg Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 SRI VX-LINE NAV TD. On the first week of March 2019, I had an engine failure where thick white smoke start coming out of the exhaust while driving down the motorway. I pulled over and called the AA recovery and they advised the car is still under warranty so they drop of the car at a Vauxhall Dealership.

Since than (01/03/2019), my car has been sitting in the dealership garage. Vauxhall technical with the dealership technician still cannot pin point the caused of the engine failure. They have changed the fuel injectors, ICU module and still cannot conclude the cause of the failure. They have tested the fuel and engine oil but still no conclusion.

This is my frustration now:

*I am paying finance for this car I can no longer use for the past 2 months

*With all the modern diagnostic program Vauxhall Technical and Vauxhall Dealership technician currently have, they still cannot conclude the issue.

My question to the forum:

*How long does it take for Vauxhall Technical to make the decision that the car is not repairable?

*The car is still under finance, is there any clause in the finance agreement that could force Vauxhall to replace the car if it is still under warranty?

I hoping to get some answers to my frustration due to the time taken for Vauxhall to make a decision on what is wrong with my car and if it is beyond local repair.

Looking forward to all your advice and answers.