Classicopels.com is a file and information sharing site for classic Opel automobiles with sections where members can add and share information.
- Tech Wiki - A Wiki for adding and sharing tech tips and information. Start or add to a topic this page.
- Classic Opel Registry - A database for Opel models Listings can be sorted by VIN, year, country, etc. Add your Opel to this growing list!
- File Library - A file sharing section for Opel documents and manuals. Many documents are available including the 1973 FSM broken down by chapter. Members can upload new content.
- Projects - A blog style section where members can create a "Project" and add articles under that project. Comments can be added below the articles content.
- Media Library - A powerful media sharing section for photos and videos. Members can add their YouTube video channels.
- Link List - A section with links to Opel parts suppliers, club and personal web pages, and Social Media pages.
- Marketplace - A classified ad board for selling, buying or swapping parts and tools.
- Forum - A community forum for discussions.
- Calendar - Add listings for Opel events in your area!
- Members - A listing of members with an optional location map.
Replied to the thread Lobes & lifters worn- how would you approach repair?.PostIf the lifters were sticking and noisy, then a pint of ATF in the oil will usually free up hydraulic lifters, but if the lifters are worn or collapsed (and more than one can collapse), then replace them, but if they are collapsed, more than likely…
gracias por el aporte
The Problem: Tank with no return line, and only 1/4" vent lines.
The Solutions :
1 - Braze/Weld to tank a nipple : Not always easy to do or simple
2 - Edelbrock Fuel Sump - https://amzn.to/3eytYr4 at $340 a decent option. Requires use of a low pressure fuel…
(Quote from airboneone)
Another post that is a couple years old, but since you drug it back to life, I too would be interested to know what the youngster decided to do.
GT's are great cars, but the issue for anyone under the age of 25 will always be…
The elegant Opel GT coupe was introduced as a concept at the 1965 Frankfurt and Paris Motor Shows and widely hailed in Europe as a mini Corvette. Opel was GM’s European satellite, and the GT’s origins were definitely entangled with the redesigned…